Last night, the National Football League handed out 17 awards at the NFL Honours, a special salute to the best players, performances and plays from the 2015 season.
The awards also saw a new Pro Football Hall of Fame class announced and introduced, with the Class of 2016 appearing on stage at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco.
The award winners are:
- AP Most Valuable Player presented by Verizon – Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
- AP Coach of the Year presented by Lenovo – Ron Rivera, Carolina Panthers
- AP Comeback Player of the Year – Eric Berry, Kansas City Chiefs
- AP Offensive Player of the Year presented by Microsoft – Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
- AP Defensive Player of the Year – J.J. Watt, Houston Texans
- AP Offensive Rookie of the Year – Todd Gurley, Los Angeles Rams
- AP Defensive Rookie of the Year – Marcus Peters, Kansas City
- Rooney Sportsmanship Award presented by McDonald’s – Charles Woodson, Oakland Raiders
- Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year presented by Nationwide – Anquan Boldin, San Francisco 49ers
- Deacon Jones Award – J.J. Watt, Houston Texans
- FedEx Air Player of the Year – Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals
- FedEx Ground Player of the Year – Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings
- Salute To Service Award Presented by USAA – Vincent Jackson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Bridgestone Performance Play of the Year – Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
- NFL.com Fantasy Player of the Year presented by SAP – Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Courtyard’s Greatness on the Road Award – Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Clutch Performer of the Year presented by Castrol – Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
Cam Newton, JJ Watt and Antonio Brown all collecting over two awards each.